PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com New to site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cadams

Well, I am 27, male, I live in Texas. I have had classic PKU my whole life, never met anyone who has PKU other than me. I finished college, with a decent gpa, have been somewhat off my diet (I know, I know) for a long time. I do watch what I eat, but I don’t drink formula anymore. Part of the reason is cost. I currently work at Dell computers as a Enterprise Server Technician. I guess I joined this to just be able to talk to some people who also have PKU, as I have never been able to. Id like to share experiences with people and make some new friends.

BreaMarie91

Hi,
    I’m 16. So I’m alittle younger then you but if you ever want to talk feel free! In case you wanna go there you can go to http://www.pkuboard.info there are alot of adults there.

cadams

Thats cool. Where do you live?
    I read your profile, I guess you have classical PKU?

BreaMarie91

Wisconsin. And yes I have Classical PKU.

cadams

So how does the coolers you drink taste? I have been off my diet a while, not drinking any formula. Last thing I drank was Phenyl -Free and that stuff was disgusting and hard to manage cause you had to mix it up and everything.
    Are these coolers good tasting (and be honest) and are they easy?
    Any idea on the price. I need to go see a PKU dr again to get a prescription.
    Thanks, nChad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional