Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PKUbGone81

hello my names alesha i am 21 years old i live in nj i am just starting to go back on the diet. i have been stuggleing with this for a few years now and finally am so close to gettin it all under control. lookign foward to talking with everyone! if anyone has any suggestions id love to hear!

Anonymous

welcome Alesha! my name is Amanda i am also 21. i struggled with my pku all the way untill 2 yrs ago. i have CPKU . im from victoria BC. nice to meet you. as for suggestions.. ask alot questions. And feel free to ask me anything and i will try to answer them all!!

vinny152

I am new to this forum–and over 40.I have a sister who is moderately retarded-but had no tests for PKU at that time–and her condition was never discussed.In those days-it wasn’t”cool” to have a mental disability.I am sure I have a mutation of PKU-and was never tested.I have read a lot about Tetrahydrobiopterin Deficiency which eliminates the need for a strict diet. I am really interested in PKU–anyone else know about BH4(short for above) and where to be tested for this co-factor-thanks-vinny152

Tracie_PKU

Hi Alesha, nLate post,but i hope all is going well for you.
    Tracie-PKU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional