Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hi im new tothis place , how does this work exactly [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

BreaMarie91

Hi, I’m new too but I’ve just been showing up here every couple of days and posting alittle. By the way my names Breanna.

nadine_29

hi my name is nadine i am p.k.u and i am new at this too nand i want to meet other people with the same intrest .and to lurn new thing.is there any chat line for P.K.U cause i would love to chat with you somehow ..have a good !!!

BreaMarie91

hmm…not that I can think of. But feel free to e-mail me if you want completeangel@ameritech.net oh by the way I’m 15 and I live in Wisconsin.

belzie

Hey nadine, I’m 22 and have PKU. I just want to say if you want to be a nurse go for it. Just because you’re PKU doesn’t mean you can’t follow your dreams. I’ve just graduated as a paediatric nurse in England UK and, waiting to start my
    ew job at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, England. I hope to do this for a few years then go back to university to train to be a doctor. So keep working at it and you’ll get there too.

BreaMarie91

Bella, that’s cool that your going to be working in a hospital. I’m only 15 but I’ve kind of set my heart on a career already. I wanted to go into nursing but eventually I wanted to become a peditrician and then to specialize in genetic disorders (but mainly PKU ). And yes you are right, just because we have PKU doesn’t mean we function any different. I’m just like all the other kids at school, accept I eat different. I’m getting grades in the B+ A- range, plus I go to dance classes like 5 days a week (which doesn’t help with handling the diet), I’m performing in the nutcracker (I’m soooo excited about that). We’re like everyone else, we just eat different. nBreanna

hello i am a young 19 year old mother with a son that has pku. it isnt so hard yet but i am scared but i know everything will work out just fine .
    heather

BreaMarie91

Heather,
    I can’t even imagine how scary it might be to find out your child has PKU since I’m not a parent, just a teen with PKU. Plus with you being young and your first child (atleast I’m assuming he’s your first…) But I can tell you if your son follows his diet and drink his formula he will be like any other kid, he’ll just eat alittle different. Their are alot of people with PKU out there who are smart and successful and are living proof that your son will be just fine. nBreanna

yes it is very scary. and yes this is my first child. but luckily my fiancie (spell?) helps me so much and i love him for that ! thanks heather <3

Whatz up all!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional