Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sarahl
    Participant

Anyone know the phe content in veggie maki/sushi rolls? I've heard two different things…that the seawood used for the wrap has no protein…I've also heard it's full of protein. Which is true? I was wondering if this was an acceptable food? Because otherwise it's seems like just little bits of rice with cucumbers or avocado.

sarahl
    Participant

i think i found an answer to this one–the veggie rolls are ok. just have to calculate the approx amt of rice & whatever veggies are in it. and watch out for sesame seeds. if anyone has any different info feel free to correct this.

Cook4Love

According to the food list, nori sushi sheets are quite low — .36 mg/gm.  A dried sheet listed in the book as 3 gm of weight is 1 mg. 

sarahl
    Participant

How about Stevia extract? Does anyone know if this is an acceptable dietary substitute for sugar for us?

pharmaguy

Sorry, can you explain what phe is?

Glassie2010

phe is the shortened form of phenylalanine. It's what people with PKU can't metabolize, therefore we count the amount of phe in foods.

for example, I'm allowed 300mg of phe per day.

Anonymous

I did a report for my English 101 class on artificial sweeteners recently, and their effects on people with PKU. According to my research, Stevia poses no threat to phenylketonurics. I haven't tried anything stevia-sweetened yet for myself, though. It's natural, so it doesn't contain aspartame or Nutra-Sweet, and it's not made from chemicals like Splenda. I hope this helps!

Millie, 18 Classic PKU

elisegray3

Does anyone happen to know the phe content in a slice of McClary's cheese substitute?

lola

does anyone know save toothpaste for toddler ( 2 year  old with pku)

foufouka

Does anyone know how much phe is in Rich's coffe rich cream?

I try to make some recipes from 

Virginia Schouette's cookbook in Greece and don;t know how to replace it. Is it a soya product or something?

'

lola

richis coffe rich cream has 0 phe it is non-dairy creamer for exp.coffe google or go to web http://www.richwip.com/products.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional