PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! PHENYLADE IS THE STUFF

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    niceguy

Hey what do you think about phenylade

BreaMarie91

I used to drink Phenylade, I drank basically anything and everything they ever made. But the last one I drank was the Chocolate. I really liked the taste but I had to stop drinking it because for some reason it gave me massive stomachaches so I just refused to drink it.
    Now I drink Vitaflo PKU express coolers and XPhe Maxamum juice boxes. nBreanna

niceguy

Hey breanna where did you get the vitaflo collers. And phenylade makes my stomach hurt to but olny when i drank it fast. DID YOU DRINK IT FAST
    nnnnnnnPSid the vitaflo?

BreaMarie91

No I didn’t drink it fast. My doctor guessed it was because of how many calories are in Phenylade. I’m a pretty small person so he was assuming it was to many calories for me to handle. He wanted to switch me but my dietitian said no. nAnyway, I got the Vitaflo coolers because back in September when I went in for an appointment we did a blood test right before we went and my tyrosine level was to low to even read! Well it just happened I got a new dietitian and doctor and my dietitian (she is 1000times nicer then my old dietitian) gave me the coolers to try. nThen I was at a conference in February and that’s where I tried the juice boxes and I liked those so when I went in for another appointment in March I asked if I could start drinking those. nBreanna

niceguy

Hey how old are you Breanna

BreaMarie91

I’m 16, but according to my new dietitian I’m at like the bottom of the chart of where girls my age and height should be weight wise.

niceguy

I’M 14 AND I’M SMALL FOR MY AGE

BreaMarie91

My sister, Erica 8, has PKU too and she’s small too. Hmm, maybe it’s a PKU thing.

niceguy

I think it is a pku thing

BreaMarie91

Then again I’ve met some other people with PKU who aren’t small for their ages.
    All I know is the whole blue eyes blue hair is mostly the case…but not for me. I’ve got light skin but my hair is dirty blonde just like my siblings and I’ve got brown eyes!

niceguy

Hey i have brown eyes 2

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional