PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Generation PKU PKU In youir 20’s

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    adheyler

Hey everyone,
    I’m relatively new to the sight and have posted on some forums but can never find them afterwords, so I thought I would start one. I live in NOrth Central PA and am always interested in meeting new people. Hopefully I will hear from ya’ll soon!!
    ADH

Anonymous

hey im Amanda i am 21 with CPKU and i live in Victoria BC Canada. nice to meet u.. were are u from???

adheyler

Hey Amanda,
    I live in north central pa and am 22, turning 23 in may. How do you like living in Canada??

BreaMarie91

I’m 16 sooo…I’m not in my 20’s and I know I’m younger then you, but if you ever want to talk I’m here! nBre

adheyler

Hey Bre,
    I’m always interested in chatting and seeing what kinds of thing other people face. I also enjoy helping people to, so hopefully I will be able to get to that point. What are some low-pro things that you like to eat?? I’m always looking for some new ideas of foods to try!!
    Allen

BreaMarie91

Banana bread, that’s my ultimate favorite low pro food. To tell you the truth though lately I haven’t been eating a lot of low pro foods because I’m on Kuvan, so I’m up to 1030mg of phe! It’s crazy because I use to be on 300mg and I’m actually having a hard time eating all that phe. So I’ve been eating regular bread, pasta and tortillas and I actually miss out low pro stuff lol. What about you, what’s your fav low pro food?
    I guess for me being able to eat more phe wasn’t as important as I thought it was in October. nBre

makester
    Participant

Hey I have been on my diet since birth. I kinda slipped on the diet when I turned 18. I am 23 now and I’m relizing the effects of not being on my diet. Soo I am keeping track of my food now and taking my regular dose of pills. Keep in touch. I haven’t talked to anyone else that has PKU, besides my brother.
    Matt n23 Minnesota

adheyler

Hey makester,
    I’ll actually turn 23 in about 2 months or so. I haven’t ever been off my diet but it is definately nice to get on here and meet other people who have went through some of the same things that you have. I’m open to chat anytime you want man!!

Garcia
    Participant

Hey. My name is Stephanie I’m from Ontario, Canada. I’m almost 21. It would be cool to chat with some people also in their 20s with PKU.

adheyler

Hey Steph, nWelcome to this post. I’m always willing to chat with anyone. I’m 22 years old and from central pa. Anything specific you want to know just ask!!
    Have a great one!!

Anonymous

hey adheyer. sorry for my late reply its so hard to find the time to check this out , with organizing the walk a thon, my up and coming knee surgery and the other pku message forums i am a member off.. i love living in Canada i would never leave it!! do u have msn? if so u can add me..

Matticus

Hey all, just wondering if anyone here is from California. Im a 22 year old PKU student studying Psych. Would love to meet up with anyone in CA. Add me to your friends list if your interested!

blondi_xoxo

hey so i just turned 20 but i think its would be great to talk to others who have pku i have not met anyone my age with it
    but anyways im always on if you want to write me
    xoxox

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional