PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support pku infant's regim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    medina2009
    Participant

hi, I have a 3months old baby. please help me. my baby consultant food dont guide us correctly. when my baby phe is about 18, she said to us : your baby food is 18 measure comida A  and 6 measure breast milk. when in future week his phe was /4 she said to us you shoud inverse your regim . and this situation continued like this . after sometimes my husband and me concluded that 9 cale comida and 15 cale breast milk is so good for our baby . but consultant said to us that when your baby becomes great his phe will becom more and if you want to add comida your baby bone will hollow. really our way is correct or not?

Celine

Hi Medina,

The amounts your baby will need of formula and breast milk will vary a lot as he goes through different growth spurts.

I breastfed two PKU children and there was no set amount of one milk versus the other.  The blood levels dictated what I needed to do.  some days it was less formula than others thats just how it was

Celine

Hi Medina,

The amounts your baby will need of formula and breast milk will vary a lot as he goes through different growth spurts.

I breastfed two PKU children and there was no set amount of one milk versus the other.  The blood levels dictated what I needed to do.  some days it was less formula than others thats just how it was

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional