PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! PKU research project

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pmahe06

Hi guys & girls,
    My names Philip Maher, i'm an undergraduate in Dundalk I.T., Ireland studying Health Promotion & Physical Activity & as part of my final year am doing an assignment on Phenylketonuria (PKU) & the lived experiance.
    At present I have the main body of knowledge gathered & am working on the lived experiance. As i have not had much interaction with people with PKU i was hoping that through the online community you could help me by talking about what it's like to have PKU. Be it day to day living, work, as a child or socially.
    If you can help i would genuinly appreciate it, either on the topic board or by email to pmahe06@studentmail.dkit.ie.

Yours sincerly

Philip Maher  

Nicole1982

Hi there.

My names Nicole, am 27 years old and i have severe classical PKU, and live in Scotland, UK,  i  have experience with living life with PKU and being through the Maternal side of PKU twice and i would be happy to help out.

My email is nicole.gillies@yahoo.co.uk, feel free to contact me any time, i would be happy to help!

Nicole 

katiemag16
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Katie and live in New York.  I am 24 years old and have PKU.  I would be happy to help you out with your project.  My e-mail is katiemag16@aol.com.  Send me an e-mail if you need my help!

Katie

katiemag16
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Katie and live in New York.  I am 24 years old and have PKU.  I would be happy to help you out with your project.  My e-mail is katiemag16@aol.com.  Send me an e-mail if you need my help!

Katie

pmahe06

Hi guys

Thanks to everyone who's got back to me in the last week. I'm gettin loads of great feedback.

The more information i get the better & when i complete the study i'll make sure post it up here.

Thanks again

Philip Maher

Emsilly24

Hi Philip,

I don't know if you still need more help, but if you do my email is ryan.emilyk@gmail.com. I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know!

Emily

Eugene
    Participant

It seems that I have had a very wild ride with my PKU. It has never effected me since 1974 but 34 years later it got worse and started to interact with my Hypoglycemia. Now I am trying to figure out the balance between protein intake and carbs. Curretly, or I should say, monday my levels were 1600 and I expect them to be higher this comming monday. My problem is that if I have too many carbs, mostly sugar, I get EXTREMELY sick. Complex carbs are not much better but I can take it for a longer period of time. Now I know more about how PKU feels and what happens to me or my brain I should say, when my hypoglycemia and PKU interact. I have to get my levels down soon. I can't think very well right now but I have code to write for both work and my PKU Tool.

If you are intrested, you can email me at erutkofske@PKUTools.com. I am not the norm for sure. Don't know if  I would help or really mess with your expected results.

Eugene aka bad_code (www.0x0BADCODE.com)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional