PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU PKU Tracker- released for ipod touch and iphone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    logan

My company has just released its PKU Tracker application to the apple app-store. It can be downloaded via the app store worldwide and run on an ipod touch or iphone. I encourage you to check it out and please let me know if you have any feedback (via the email support email from itunes). I also encourage you to please leave some positive feedback on iTunes to help increase visibility. I expect this to be a breakthrough for all those who suffer from PKU, as it allows an easy way to look up and track this information on the go.

Please help me spread the word.

—-

here's a link to the description page:

http://www.apptism.com/apps/pku-tracker-phenylketonuria-look-up-and-log

Eugene
    Participant

I am working on a program that will do more and also work on any computer. Mac, Windows, Unix, Linux and AIX for any geeks out there like me that use AIX. :) I will accept donations from people once my site is up and running. Its not like PKU targets people based on their economic situation where as people who can afford an iPhone problably don't mind spending money on apps. If you read the terms and conditions of sales on apples app store you will see that All sales are final Since Logan dosen't have PKU his motivation is profit and hopes that we will improve his app for his bottom line. I don't know if he understands there are only 12,000 people in the use with PKU so creating an app for PKUers like us is not profitiable. Hence, my idea for accepting donations. And I will be creating my app based on what I do daily and I am sure I understand what we PKUers go through daily. I will make changes for me based on what I need and if I don't cover other peoples needs in the process I will be happy to accomadate any reasonble needs. Programming is not just my career its also a hobby so you can bet I will have one for the iPhone.

Eugene
    Participant

made a mistake I will most likely be creating an app for the Palm Pre not the iPhone. Apple Taxes!

logan

I do not intend to get into any arguments, and would appreciate if you hold off on personal attacks until you have a better understanding to base judgement on.

The app was developed in order to fill a gap and find a solution for the PKU community. I was asked to develop it by a contact I have, who has the condition. The cost is a very small fee and I assure you I do not have plans to make it rich off this app. Development takes time and money, if I did not charge a small fee for the app it would not be possible for me to create it or to maintain it, in order to assist the PKU community. I am pretty sure it is well worth anyone's few $'s considering books that contain the essential info I am providing cost in the range of $50. 

If you wish to argue some point, I encourage you to please email me to gain information before you post false information and accusations in a public forum.

Thank you

Eugene
    Participant

Sounds good. You up set me by saying on my fourm I would recommend that if you wish to help provide a strong solution to the community, you work to provide me with some feedback to improve the app, rather then create your own. It is not quick or easy to learn.

And you too do not know me but yet you say I should quit my app.

logan

Gotcha- I mean to say that it is probably not worth the overhead to try to learn iphone programming and create a new app just because some particular feature is missing or whatever. It would take far less time to simply add that feature to this existing app than to redevelop it, especially with the overhead of learning to program for the iphone.

That might have been miscommunicated, as I did not mean to say you should not continue development on your application for other platforms, with which you are already familiar. 

logan

This app has been re-released under the name Dietwell for PKU. It is once again in Apple's appstore. Thanks for your patience

mjdrums

PKU diet management on iPhone = sweetness

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional