Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ragadb

hi i just wanted to know that if i eat and drink things that contain phenylalanine while pregnant would effect the baby. thank you

BreaMarie91

Sorry, I’m alittle bit confused by your questions. nBreanna n15 w/CPKU (16 in a week!)

d__nag

If you have PKU and are pregnant, you should consult your doctor and nutritionist for the proper amount of phe in your prenatal diet to ensure a healthy baby.

orlan65

Hi
    I am thinking of starting a family soon but I have to go and discuss everything with my doctors. It is so important to get your blood right as it may not effect you but it will effect your baby. As far as I know you will have to have your blood between 150 and 200 before you can try for a family. I have an appointment in August so I can let you know what else they tell me, but I was always told be careful when it comes to having kids.
    Regards
    O

BreaMarie91

Orlan, good luck with your appointment. I’m only 16 so of course I won’t be getting pregnant anytime soon but I’d still be interested in what your doctor says (seeing as the day when I want kids will come for me too). nBreanna n16 w/CPKU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional