Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’ve been given a choice of all the different types of Maximums today. So far I’m content with the PKU Express Cooler, though it still tastes icky Does this contain calcium do you know? Before today I had to take calcium supplements as the vitamin supplements I bought from the supermarket didn’t contain enough.

BreaMarie91

Well I can’t help you with your question but I just wanted to ask what you think about the PKUexpress coolers cuz I’m gonna start taking those in a few days…and did you mean you have to take vitamins for the coolers?

No I never had to take any supplements with the coolers. All the vitamins are in the coolers. Everything. I’ve been told by my parents that the Coolers have calcium in it, the old stuff used to have it in, The Maximum XP powder drink. Referring to the coolers itself. The 1st day I didn’t like the taste too much but after cooling them in the fridge it doesn’t taste so bad at all. There was tang to the taste at first but now I don’t notice it.

BreaMarie91

Yeah my dad actually just went to get them today from the childrens hospital where I live. I’ve only tried them once and I thought they were okay, they had a slight after taste….It was just kind of one of those things where you still aren’t sure if you like them or not.

Anonymous

i still sneek food but dont no how to stop cos i have been doing it 4 so long wen my mates offer me choclate how do i say no its hard help

BreaMarie91

I know what you mean, it is hard. Actually only a few of my friends know about my PKU and that is mostly my really close friends from school. So I deal with alot of the offering of food from my friends who don’t know. For me it hasn’t really been hard to say no most of the time…I usually just say no thanks.
    But yea sometime it’s hard….for awhile I actually used to sneak alot of foods I shouldn’t in like 6th grade so after awhile I just told my friends not to offer me anything it sounded lame but it worked cuz then I didn’t have the urge to eat it.

waht all diff formulas and subs do they have?? heather

BreaMarie91

They have alot of different formula’s and substances. These are just a few I know of or have taken before: phenylade chocolate, orange, strawberry, vanilla. Phlexy 10 juice bars. Phenex unflavored, vanilla, Phenex chews chocolate and lemon lime. PKUexpress and I think they still have like periflex or whatever it’s call plus their are sooooooooooo many more. nBreanna

GotPKU

what are the Phenex chews? are they any good?how many coolers do you have to take per day?

BreaMarie91

Phenex chews are like little tablets, they kind of look like tums. You can get them in chocolate mint or lemon lime and they actually taste really good. The only bad part about them is that I have to take like 100 if I take only those. If I take only the coolers I have to have 3 and then I’m alittle over for tyrosine (which is good) but if I do both coolers and the chews then I need 2 coolers and 38 chews which ins’t to bad. nBreanna

GotPKU

not bad, not bad at all! im on 4 coolers a-day, which i don’t mind too much. i often get acid integestion from the amino acids, (it feels like there’s a burning ache in your stomache) have you ever gotten that due to the amino’s?

BreaMarie91

No I never have but it sounds like it would hurt. Although when I was younger if I didn’t drink my formula (I’ve went thru so many different formulas) all the time I did find that I got stomach aches it felt almost like I had eatten way to much and then after I drank my formula I felt fine. nBreanna

GotPKU

how big are the chews? are they quick to eat?

BreaMarie91

Hmm I don’t know maybe around the size of the nickel so not to big.

GotPKU

oh, ok thats not too bad! what one do you prefere (not taste wise, just in generally) coolers or chews?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional