PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! Recording my baby's diet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pianosong

Does anyone have a favorite way of tracking your baby's amount of foods/phe?  I've been doing an excel sheet, but I was wondering if it's more efficient to do it another way. I like to send the record via email to my dietician regularly at this point, which makes me want to do it on the computer.  My problem is that I find myself forgetting to record stuff!

foufouka

There is a great app if you have iphone or ipad called dietwellpku. You can log the phe intake in a great way, it contains list food which you can use while logging, you can use the recipes, and email the logs you have every day…. Definitely try it!

gotpku1992

My favorite way is by removing the last sticky note of a sticky note pad and sticking the whole pad to the fridge. Then as I grab something from the fridge I write how much on the sticky note (keep a pen near by!). At the end of the day I can take the day's worth and either add it to a note pad, computer document, or stick it on my wall calendar to save to record for later. Good luck! 

Pianosong

Thanks, everyone for your great suggestions!

Shawny

I Have  three month old th PKU and i write down all of her info such as what time she eats and how much each day in a note pas that i keep on her changing table. I use a different page for each day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional