Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

where do you go out to eat and what would you order?

BreaMarie91

What I eat kind of depends on what I eat. My favorite restaurant is TGI Friday and I usually get an order of fries and a salad. Then I also get like a smoothie type drink (we were told it has no milk in it). Then again fries and a salad is mainly what I get anywhere I go out to eat. nBre

MamaSteve86

I love going out to steak restaurants because they usually have mushrooms and mixed veggies. I love mushrooms <3! Fast food I usually just get an order of small fries to tide me over. It's sad.

Anonymous

cole and i go out for dinner once a week, we bounce between White spot, moxies and boston pizza. we have eaten at severl pubs and oriental resturanunts and buffets too.. i find resturaunts are very acomidating.. i jsut tell them i have a lot of allergies and coudl they just make me mashed potates and some veggies.. they almost always do .. if not i have a salad. i love going out for dinner.. were gonnan try 3 news this month, cross roads, 6 mile pub and i cant remember the name but we have a new family resturnaunt. think its the garlic rose. i always have a drink with dinner too like a belini, *** on the beach,margartia, or one of my faves a Strawberry rapture!
    cole and i have our special saturdays, country drive, dinner movie , imax or we rent a movie. its great i look forward to it every weekend!

PKUbGone81

OK SO WHAT DO U DO IF UR ONLY ALOUD 7 GRMS OF PROTIEN A DAY… THIS IS ALITTLE DIFFICULT FOR ME I WENT FROM LIKE 7 A MEL MAYBE TO 7 A DAY AND IM ALWAYS HUNGRY, AND I WONT EVEN GO OUT TO EAT, I DONT KNOW WHAT N IM IMBARRESSED IVE NEVER HAD TO GO OUT WITH SUMONE AND LITERALLY LIKE NOT EAT OR REQUEST THEM TO MAKE LIKE SUMTING I BRING OR SUMTHING. SORRY I AM JUST STARTING THIS DIET.

BreaMarie91

Hmm…well salads are always low (without eggs, bacon, cheese and all that stuff of course). I know salads are always the greatest, but it’s better then nothing. I’m allowed 300mg of phe (which I think is aroung 6g of protein) and when I go out to eat, like I said, I just get a salad and fries. I don’t weigh my food when I’m out to eat, but I try to make a very good guess. nBre 16 CPKU

Anonymous

i have many fav resturaunts.. white spot, moxies, boston pizza, the garlic rose, etc etc .. and i always order the smae but its never cooked the same i always get mashed poatoes and what ever the vegatble is . its usually rosted vegtables or aspargus lol. and i have a drink either a belini,margartita, or a strawberry banana rapture. somtimes cole and i splurge and get a apitizer like sweet potatoe fries or garlic skillet mushrooms. the possiblies are endless at a good resturaunt that will acomidate u . cole and i go out for dinner every saturday. its our specail day!!

HappyMom

Hi, nOur son has CPKU and we go out to eat once in a while. So far the best restaurants for eating out have been Chinese restaurants. There is rice and lots of veggies. We recently went to a Chinese buffet called Century Buffet and that was the best. There was plenty of fruits and veggies. Easton had lots of choices.
    Sarah

BreaMarie91

Hey Sarah! I was just curious, Easton can have rice? I was just wondering because I always thought that rice was just as high as other pastas.

When I go out to eat, I like to order fries, depending on where we go, a baked potato with sour cream, or a salad. I’m allowed 32 e’s to 35 e’s a day, so I can handle that kind of protein, but I am getting tired of fries. I can only have Swiss Chalet fries now when I go out, because no one makes them as good. Jodi Pickering

mayrogers13

No matter where I go I usually get: either fries,onion rings, potato, or hash browns; either fruit or veggies salad and usually a soda (NOT DIET) or a smoothie

HappyMom

Hi Brea, nYes white rice is pretty high. Easton is still little enough though that he doesn’t want more than a dozen bites of it. Especially when there are bananas and grapes around.
    Sarah

BreaMarie91

Sarah, okay that makes sense. I’m not trying to scare you away from feeding Easton anything, so please don’t take this the wrong way, but I just wanted to forwarn you to be careful what high phe foods you feed him now. When I was younger my dad gave me a little bit of chocolate and regular bread here and there. Now that I’m older those are sort of my weaknesses. When you get older your appetite gets bigger so when I have chocolate or regular bread it’s more then just a few bits like it was when I was little. But I’m not trying to scare you because it’s not like I pig out of chocolate and bread all the time lol , I’m just saying.

Anonymous

bre… i saw ur post about rice. i eat rice ALL the time. Atleast once a day. i can have one cup of the minute rice and its my fave food ever!!!!! guess some ppl are just diffrent! i have always eaten rice. but ur right it is very high so if i ever have more then that i get sick. cole can even notice it and will ask if i had to much rice.. or if i get stomach ache he asks that too lol!!

Poppycorn95

This post is old, but I wanted to chime in as well… Here’s what we have found so far…
    Wendy’s – Mandarin Oranges, French Fries, Baked Potato
    McDonalds – Apple Slices, French Fries
    Golden Corral – Fruit, fruit, and more fruit! Baked Potato, and some vegetables.
    My foster daughter hasn’t taken to salads at all. We’re still trying, but I just don’t think she’s ready for all the different textures at once.
    We’ve also decided that we’re going to attempt to cook her low protein pasta and when we go to an italian restaurant have them add their normal spaghetti sauce (one without any meat product).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional