PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support sister not worried bout nephews diet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kristy w

hi
    my sister has a little two year old boy she is not handling motherhood or her sons illness she thinks that giving him any food she wants wont hurt him since his condition seems fairly mild what can i tell her to make her relize how serious this is?
    thankyou 4 u help

BreaMarie91

Kristy,
    I think it is wonderful that you

kristy w

Thanku very much hopefully she may change her mind i do not want my nephew to have the problems that i have read about on this site and others u are a very smart and kind young lady to offer your advice so fequently as i have seen that u have answered alot of other questions as u can imagine how u would feel if your parents never took u disorder seriously i dont want my nephew to feel like that when he is older my mum is even thinking about taing him over so that he wil get the care he needs this is our last effort that we have to try to impressthe serious nature of his disorder on her before this hapens thanku again

BreaMarie91

Good luck! I really do hope everything works out in the end for your family and nephew!!

chaya1

hi i have daughter w/classical pku she is almost 3 and i have problems sometimes my self please tell your sister that maintaining her son deit is of the upmost importaince if she needs a friend i would be more than welcome to help her if can my email boleswascrystal@gmail.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional