PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU St. Paddy's Day Recipes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cook4Love

Hi All,
    Just wanted to let you know there are recipes up on Cook for Love for St. Patrick's Day, including Irish Stew, Whiskey Cake and Scones. There is also a pizza recipe that I meant to post a while ago.

If you do not have a bundt pan for the whiskey cake, it can also be cooked in 2 loaf pans (one for the freezer and one for tomorrow) – same baking time.  This is my all time favorite dessert – hope all of you enjoy.

The stew recipe serves 8.  If that is too much for you, you can use half of the veggies in a Meat Stew – just requires a lot longer simmer (about three hours).

The scone recipe can easily be converted into soda bread, just pat the dough into a 6 inch circle round about 2 inches high.  Place on a parchment lined baking sheet (or cast iron skillet). Score the dough by cutting a cross shape on the top of the loaf.  Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees.

http://www.cookforlove.org

Take care & Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!
    Brenda mom to Molly 9 CPKU & Founder of Cook for Love, Inc.

sarahl
    Participant

I love your website! I'm thrilled that you have new recipes up.

Glassie2010

Haha it's already St Paddy's day here in NZ XD but I shall have a look anyways it's always good to try some new recipes!

omg..i love your website…hopefully it will help ALOT!!! 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional