PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com Tech School Student and PKU Patient

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    S_Storm

Hello, i’m a 22 year old student at vancouver film school. i try hard to stay on my diet, though tend to find it very difficult a lot . i hope coming here will hep me keep everything under control. (this forum needs to be debugged so people can hit enter and it goes to a new line in the post box instead of previewing the post) anyhow, one thing i wanted to comment about is that i’m currently working on a flash project to help parents of newly diagnosed PKU babies to udnerstand what it is, how to deal with it, and what the effects are of going off the diet. if there’s any areas any new aprents feel i should also cover, feel free to contact me. my email is: dd08peter@vfs.com thank you. and i look forward to becoming a part of this community

BreaMarie91

Sandstorm-
    I think that is an awesome project and it’s really for a good cause. Are you going to be showing this to actual parents of new PKU babies or is it just for school? I ended up writting a report on PKU for my Child development class, I’ll be doing a presentation to the class when Spring Break is over.
    I just thought I’d mention another website I know of that might be very helpful to you. It’s http://www.pkuboard.info everyone there is extremely kind and helpful! And for the most part it is adults with PKU. I hope you can get your levels under control, back in September mine were like 12mg/dl and by January I got them back down to 2mg/dl!!! Anyway, good luck! nBreanna

S_Storm

well, i’d like to make it good enough so that i could actually donate it to websites such as this one as an extra article for the website, but that of course depends on how well i manage to do it as flash is a very complicated program to learn. i might just get you guys to check it out and tell me what you think before i talk to admins about them using it.

BreaMarie91

That’s a great idea! And from the sounds of it you sound like your really determined to make a good presentation. I’m sure it will turn out great!
    Good luck!
    Breanna

kmariewood

Hi sandstorm
    I think thats a great idea, as a parent with a child with pku i know how scarey it is when you first find out about pku. i never had any thing like that when zach was born. “maybe you could also donate it to pku clinics” if you wanted to
    keisha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional