Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tcs_girl

my son is a two year old, he is a wonderful baby, but he will not listen to me! he listens to his babysitter and my boyfriend but not to me. i work full time and go to school full time and it is hard! i am trying to make his life better i don not think that he gets that and is mad at me! he will just out of the blue start screaming and crying and kicking and slapping me!!!! what can i do to help understand that i am doing all this for him and how do i get him to stop having temper tantrums???????

BreaMarie91

Hi, well first of all I think this is kind of an age thing because around 2-4ish both me and all of my other sisters (even the ones without PKU) had temper tantrums. Although, I had more then my siblings ever did when my levels were higher, could it be that his levels maybe high? Because I know that even now that I’m 15 if my levels are higher I tend to have huge mood swings and I’m easily irratated. I’ll try to help as much as I can, but I actually have dance classes right now. nBreanna

mayrogers13

I think it might just be because you aren’t home alot (just from what it sounds like, please don’t think I’m judging you I really dont mean to) that he’s more prone to listen to other people. As a two year old he won’t be able to appreciate the extremely hard work that you are doing to make his life better, but as he gets older hopefully he’ll be able to recognize the sacrifices you have made for him.

gmafirst

my daughters son is 17 months old and she is going through the same thing right now. He is 2 and he knows who he can and can’t get away with, with certain people, you being mom he is going to push you more. All kids will do this you probably did this to your mom too. I told my daughter to not get frustrated with him, eventually he will listen to you and when he gets older, like you, he will know the sacrifices you have made for him. Don’t worry just love him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional