PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Took me awhile. As i am new here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Uncleteef

I have been on and off the diet for about 15 years now if now longer. I didnt recently shwo any symptoms till an exgf told me to get back on my diet which was around 2004-2005. I can see how it effects me and i know about a temper and all that. Some even say i am emotionless. They say im always angry and everything like that. Of course my life hasnt been all to pretty either.

I want to know what it is like when i was a kid. I was talking to other and doing other things but as soon as 8th grade rolled around i just stopped doing all of that stuff. When i last went on the diet in two weeks of eating nothing high in protien or much at all i went from a 25 to a 5 in the PHE level department. Then after being on the forumla and eating a bit more regualr food i went from 5 to 4 in the PHE department that is with eating more and drinking the milk/formula. Now if my life wasnt so hectic i may have stayed on it but taking care of my mother and pretty much the rest of my family it was hard.

I am looking for reasons to go back on it as when i have been on it i have
    to really seen any improvment other then i cant sleep.

Patrick5678
    Participant

I am new on here. Does anyone know how to start a new post in the PKU Forum as I want to start up a new topic for discussion?

RJD2

Click on the  Categories  tab under the pku discussion forum banner.

Now you should see a red button on the upper right  post new thread  or something.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional