Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ciaran1984

Hey, Having just finished college iam keen to go travelling the world. However i feel my pku is holding me back. i would not be able to afford the high prices for medication in the U.S. and other parts of Europe etc. I have been advised to carry my medication in bulk yet I feel this would also be problematic. I would like to hear from any one who has managed to travel and live in other countries for a substatial amount of time whilst keeping their diet in check.

Anne Mc

OMG ! nThats an aspect of PKU i would never have thought of.
    I hope you find a way to travel and see the world and still keep healthy. nWould a rigid low protein diet and no meds work ?
    Ive no idea . im just trying to think of ways to enable you to travel.

Anonymous

what tyoes of medicne are u carring? i have pku and im 21 i travel offten and its very easy for me.. i take some low pro foods.. check out resturuants and buy veggies and dried fruit were ever i am.. i take a cooler for all my milk and then i get a mini fridge if im in a hotel.. i also bake alot of foods that i can freeze before hand.. traveling is very easy if u are prepared.. and sometimes it helps to have a letter explaing ur pku and the products from a dietican to help get through cutoms!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional