PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support US LOW PROTIEN FOOD PRODUCTS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kmariewood

Hi anyone and everyone
    I see that there is a company called Cambrookes in the US that stocks a huge range of low protien products. I would really like to buy some for my son to try but because it is so exspensive i thought i would find out which of there products everyone else likes and dosnt like. is it worth buying?
    keisha

juanita

The cambrooke foods are definatly worth buying they have a wide variety that my daughter just wont go without like most of the low protein cookies and the cambrooke mac and cheese she just loves them and they compliment her usual diet and also give a change of textures when she wants to be a fussy eater. I have no idea what the cost would be to buy because our low protien food is covered by the goverment where we live.

kmariewood

Hi Juanita nits great that the goverment pays for all your low protein food, i wish ours would but instead i think its going to cost about $15 dollars for one packet of pasta plus frieght plus more to go through customs, so it will be really expensive thats why i wanted to make sure it was ok first.
    keisha

juanita

Im assuming you do income tax for the government in Austrlia. You may be able to recoup some of the cost of the medical food on your government tax forms. You would have to check into it to make sure tho.

kmariewood

Hi Juanita
    we do do income tax but i have never herd of being able to claim low protein food before i will check it out thanks for the tip
    keisha

BreaMarie91

Keisha, nThe cambrooke foods are defintally worth it! Me and my sister order food from them all the time. We really like the camburgers (low protein mushroom burgers) and the tortillas. They are also some very good low protein pizzas. My only suggestion is only buy one of everything your going to try at first, that way if Zach doesn’t like something you won’t have a whole stock of something he doesn’t like. nBreanna n15 w/CPKU

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional