PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support what about prekunil tablets ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    medina2009
    Participant

As I know most of pku people in this site use kuvan tablets for their  treatments . I want to know why you dont use prekunil tablets . with these tablets you have free diet . you can eat everything even meat . your blood phe level may go up , but it isnt harmful for you because all neutral amino acids that exist in this tablet will prevent phenilalanin to come to the brain from the way of blood brain barrier and it doesnt have any side effects . so why people didnt use from this tablet ?

clenk

I don't know much about  them except that they are unsafe/unsuitable  for children and are only for those older teens/adults who are not on diet b/c it helps their body. But maintaining the diet is the still the best option. 

medina2009
    Participant

thank you Clenk . come on every body . please share your information and experiments . say anything you know about pills .

BreaMarie91

I know very little about Prekunil. My understanding is that they are for adults who are off diet or on a very relaxed diet, and it does not change the blood phe levels. It only helps to prevent some phe from getting to the brain.

beckyboo
    Participant

Well I don't know anything about those tablets or Kuvan either. The only tablets I know about are the ones that you take instead of formula that you have to take some ridiculous amount of every day! Sorry!!

Patrick5678
    Participant

I also haven't heard about what these are nor haven't been told anything about Kuvan.

medina2009
    Participant

thanks alot for your replies .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional