Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Poppycorn95

My foster daughter’s blood level went down to 1.9! Metabolism clinic was very happy and said they wanted no changes made to her formula or diet at this time. They want her to stabilize before we tweak her diet. I just so happy to finally have a low number.
    Course they did warn me that since she has been on antibiotics for a sinus infection and ear infection that the numbers may spike again.

HappyMom

That’s great! Happy to hear the number was low. nEaston has another cold so I suppose his blood levels will spike. Ugh! That never puts him in good mood. nSarah

Anonymous

poppycorn thats awsome! what is she doing now for her diet? how much formula and intake ? i think i say somewere she was only having a few tabelspoons of forumla? has this changed? i have never heard of that ive always herd of ppl have cups or onces i have boxes( there just like juice boxes) and i drink 4 of them aday wich is about 4 cups a day!

BreaMarie91

Hey I just wanted to say that is awesome that her level went down! Let us know how everything turns out.
    Amanda, I think she means regular baby formula. So a few tablespoons wouldn’t really be bad since I think some baby formulas are high. Poppycorn am I right? Or were you refering to her PKU formula? nBre 16 CPKU

Poppycorn95

I’m sorry I confused you! K takes 8 scoops of her formula and 2 Tablespoons of milk mixed in with it to make 32 oz a day.
    She’s also on 100-105 mg of food right now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional