PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com Your PKU stories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JackJack

HI I’m JackJack tell me your PKU stories if you like!!!

BreaMarie91

Hmm…like what kind of stories? Should I tell you about the time I accidentally ate bacon and almost thru up?! Lol!

JackJack

Any you want to tell me

BreaMarie91

Me and my mom went to TGI Friday (just about my favorite restaurant). I ordered fries and a salad like usually, but I forgot to make sure I asked for no cheese, bacon and all that stuff. Well when they brought out my salad it was cover in bacon! I just decided I’d pick it out instead of having them bring me a new one…big mistake. I missed a huge chunk of bacon and ate it and it was soooo nasty! I swear if you’ve never had bacon don’t ever try it, your not missing anything lol! nBre

Tracie_PKU

Hi JackJack,
    I guess my story would be when i found out i was expecting my daughter (10 yrs ago)LOL.
    A group of my friends went out to dinner at an Indian resturaunt.
    Not much i could eat there,but i didn’t want to stand out. nSo i quietly removed myself from the table and spoke to the chef.
    He was wonderful,and made me a special plate of just Veggies and Rice with seasoning salt.
    It worked no-one asked me anything.(i should say none of my friends new i had PKU).
    I didn’t tell anyone,but my husband when we were married 5 yrs prior. nYeah he was not there,but at work.
    It worked though.
    Just thought i’d share.
    Thanks, nTracie-PKU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional