|Recipe type: Breakfast
|Serving Size: One scone (recipe makes 12 total)||Phe (mg): 6|
|Calories (kcal): 154.9|
|Protein (g): 0.2|
|Fat (g): 6|
- • 2 cups flour (or lo-pro baking mix)
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 1 tbsp baking powder
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 6 tbsp cold butter
- • ½ cup rice milk
- • ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix together the flour/lo pro baking mix, sugar, baking powder, salt, and dried cranberries.
- Cut in the cold butter. Stop when you have pea-sized bits.
- Add the rice milk. Mix this with the dry ingredients just to incorporate, and knead about 10 times or less. Add dried cranberries. Do not overwork.
- Divide the dough in half. Form each half into a flattened circle, and cut the circle into 6 wedges.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet until golden brown—about 14 minutes.
Note: For cheddar scones, omit the cranberries and use ½ cup (2 ounces) lo-pro cheddar cheese.