|Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
|Serving Size: ¼ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)||Phe (mg): 18.5|
|Calories (kcal): 186.3|
|Protein (g): 0.6|
|Fat (g): 12.8|
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 tbsp butter
- • ¼ cup minced onion
- • ½ cup white grape juice
- • 3 tbsp fresh dill
- • 2 tbsp lemon zest
- • ½ cup mocha mix
- • ½ cup tomato juice
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. When hot add oil, butter, and onion. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and add wine. Return the skillet to the stove and cook over medium high heat until almost all of the wine has evaporated. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 – 10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This sauce is a great foundation for Pasta Primavera, or mixed with lo pro rice served with grilled vegetables.