|Serving Size: 1 wrap (recipe makes 8 total)||Phe (mg): 43|
|Calories (kcal): 79.5|
|Protein (g): 1.3|
|Fat (g): 5.2|
- • 3 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 large shallot minced (about 2 ounces)
- • 1 clove garlic, minced
- • 8 ounces parsnips, peeled and then cut into very small dice
- • 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, stems removed and very thinly sliced
- • ¼ cup water
- • 1 tbsp soy sauce
- • 1 tsp Tabasco®
- • 8 large lettuce leaves (iceberg) Note – can be made as spring rolls with rice paper instead of lettuce for lunches.
Tabasco is a registered trademark of McIllhenny Company.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil, shallot, and garlic. Stir gently for 90 seconds and add the parsnips and shitakes.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring every couple of minutes, until parsnips and mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Increase heat to high and add ¼ cup of water, soy sauce and Tabasco. Stir constantly until all excess liquid has all evaporated.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Divide among lettuce leaves and fold or roll to make wraps.