|Serving Size: 1 slice (recipe makes 1 loaf)||Phe (mg): 12|
|Calories (kcal): 176.1|
|Protein (g): 0.3|
|Fat (g): 7.1|
- • 2 tbsp canola oil
- • 2 tbsp honey
- • 1¼ cups water (95-100°F)
- • 2½ cups (300g) wheat starch
- • 2 tbsp unflavored fiber (Metamucil®)
- • 1½ tsp active dry yeast
- • ½ tsp sea salt
- • ½ tsp garlic salt
- • 4 tbsp canola oil (additional for work surface)
Metamucil is a registered trademark of The Procter & Gamble Company.
Note: This recipe uses a bread machine for the preparation of the dough. If you do not have a bread machine it can be assembled in a mixing bowl but please allow 60-90 minutes of time for the bread to rise in a 90-100°F environment.
- Add first 3 ingredients to warmed bread machine bowl.
- Mix starch, fiber, yeast and salts in a mixing bowl then add to bread machine.
- Begin on dough cycle only (usually 1 – 1½ hours of mixing and proofing).
- When complete, turn dough out onto oiled surface. Using a flat blade or bench scraper work oil onto bread dough then turn by hand.
- After a minute of kneading dough begin to form a football shape in your hands. Once the dough skin is relatively smooth, place in a bread loaf pan that has had cooking spray used in it.
- Place into a warm oven (pilot light is usually enough, or turn electric on for a few mins then turn off) and let rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Without removing bread from oven turn up to 375°F. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Internal temp should be 190°F. Crust will be golden brown.
- Turn out onto cooling rack. Let cool completely. Place into gallon size Ziplock bag and have sliced at your local baker. Freeze individual slices or whole loaves until ready to use.