|Recipe type: Side Dish
|Serving Size: 1/8 recipe||Phe (mg): 167.5|
|Calories (kcal): 327|
|Protein (g): 3.2|
|Fat (g): 6.2|
- • 6 pounds (about 6) sweet potatoes
- • (approximately 1,480 grams when measured after being mashed)
- • 2 ripe bananas, skins on
- • ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- • ½ cup Michele’s Butter Pecan Syrup
- • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • 2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks and boil until soft (try piercing with a fork to determine when done).
- Meanwhile, roast the bananas, with the skins on, for 15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl and pulse with a hand mixer until whipped.
- When the bananas are cool enough to handle, slice the end opposite from the stem with a sharp knife.
- While holding the bananas from the stem, squeeze the contents into the bowl of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Add the butter and maple syrup, mix until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix to combine.
- Transfer to a shallow baking pan and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- Top potato-banana mixture with marshmallows and evenly sprinkled brown sugar.
- Bake at 300°F until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- For the last minute or so of baking time, switch your oven to broil for that campfire roasted marshmallow consistency.
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.