|Serving Size: 1 pepper (recipe makes 5)||Phe (mg): 161**|
|Calories (kcal): 197.2|
|Protein (g): 2.5|
|Fat (g): 0.8|
- • 5 medium-sized green bell peppers
- • 2 medium-sized portabella mushroom caps, diced
- • ½ large onion, diced
- • 1-1/3 cup of Cambrooke imitation short grain rice
- • (4) 26 oz cans of Campbell’s concentrated tomato soup
- • Garlic powder
- • Salt
- • Pepper
- To prepare the green bell peppers, slice the tops off and hallow-out the seeds.
- Place the caps back on top of the peppers and set aside in a dutch oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine portabella mushrooms, onion and imitation rice.
- Once ingredients are mixed, add ½ cup of tomato soup and stir until well coated.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a large spoon, scoop mixture into each bell pepper until filling is level with the top of the pepper.
- Place the pepper cap on top of the now-stuffed pepper, use two toothpicks to secure the cap and place back inside the dutch oven.
- Repeat until all five peppers have been stuffed and re-capped.
- Pour the remaining condensed tomato soup in the dutch oven, filling in around the peppers until the peppers are at least half-way covered with the soup.
- Place lid on dutch oven and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
**Based on ½ cup tomato soup mixed in with ingredients, not soup peppers are baked in