|Recipe type: Side Dish
|Serving Size: 1 ¼ cup||Phe (mg): 49|
|Calories (kcal): 229.8 (w/olive oil)|
|Protein (g): 2.1|
|Fat (g): 13.8|
Jicama is ideal for cutting up into different shapes and using them for fries and other treats. It’s crisp, so it holds its texture, and it carries the flavors of whatever you put on it very well. One of my favorite ways to have it is simply dressed with chile powder, lime juice, and salt, and my other favorite way is to turn it into a healthy, tasty version of French fries!
- • 1 medium-size jicama (about 1 ¼ pound), peeled
- • 2 tablespoons of mojo de ajo (recipe below) or 2 tablespoons of olive oil with a squeeze of
- • 1 tsp of coarsely ground black pepper
- • ½ tsp of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel the jicama and slice it into thin French-fry sized sticks.
- Directly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss these with the mojo de ajo or olive oil, pepper, and salt. Transfer this to the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Toss them once at 20 minutes.
- You can also eat these fresh and forgo baking them!