|Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
|Serving Size: ½ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)||Phe (mg): 39|
|Calories (kcal): 87.8|
|Protein (g): 1.2|
|Fat (g): 7|
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- • ¼ cup diced onion
- • 1 cup grated zucchini
- • 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- • 1 tbsp lemongrass, very finely minced (you can substitute 1 tbsp lemon zest plus 1 tsp lime zest)
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil, red pepper, and onion. Stir occasionally for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Continue to cook over medium high – STIRRING CONSTANTLY – until the zucchini starts to dissolve and the sauce comes to a boil.
- When the sauce comes to a boil reduce to heat to low. Cook uncovered for 8 – 10 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Notes: This is enough sauce to toss with 4 cups of cooked low-pro pasta or low-pro rice. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for two days. This sauce does NOT freeze well.