|Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
|Serving Size: ½ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)||Phe (mg): 34|
|Calories (kcal): 95.3|
|Protein (g): 1.0|
|Fat (g): 8.7|
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • ¼ cup Kalamata (Greek) olives
- • 2 tbsp oregano
- • 2 cups diced fresh Tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- • 2 tbsp lemon zest
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil, olives, and oregano. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Continue to cook over medium high until the sauce comes to a boil. Stir every few minutes.
- When the sauce comes to a boil reduce to heat to low. Cook uncovered for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Notes: This is enough sauce to toss with 4 cups of cooked low-pro pasta or low-pro rice. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for two days and can also be frozen.