|Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
|Serving Size: ½ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)||Phe (mg): 38.3|
|Calories (kcal): 111.2|
|Protein (g): 1.2|
|Fat (g): 7|
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • ¼ cup diced onion
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 cups diced fresh Tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- • 2 tbsp basil
- • 2 tbsp oregano
- • 1 tbsp sugar
- • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- • salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil and onion. Stir occasionally for 2 – 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute longer.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Continue to cook over medium high until the sauce comes to a boil. Stir every few minutes.
- When the sauce comes to a boil reduce to heat to low. Cook uncovered for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Notes: This is enough sauce to toss with 4 cups of cooked low-pro pasta or low-pro rice. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for two days and can also be frozen.