|Recipe type: Appetizer/Snack
|Serving Size: 1 scone (recipe serves 12)||Phe (mg): 6.1|
|Calories (kcal): 133.3|
|Protein (g): 0.2|
|Fat (g): 5.6|
- • 2 ps Lo Pro baking mix
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 1 tbsp baking powder
- • ½ tsp salt
- • 6 tbsp cold butter
- • 1 tsp lemon zest
- • 1 tsp lime zest
- • 1 tsp orange zest
- • ½ cup rice milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix together the flour/lo pro baking mix, sugar, baking powder, salt, and all three kinds of zest.
- Cut in the cold butter. Stop when you have pea-sized bits.
- Add the rice milk and mix this with the dry ingredients just to incorporate.
- Knead about 10 times or less – so that you have a very messy looking dough.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Form each half into a flattened circle, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the circle into 6 wedges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 – 14 minutes.
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.