Welcome! Join the PKU Community and connect with others like you to gain and give support, encouragement, motivation, and helpful information.
December 28, 2010 in Uncategorized
Registered: Sep 8, 2009
Nicole said on January 2, 2011
Basically stick to your PKU diet and drink your formula, look after urself more and hopefully when ur levels are down you’ll begin to feel much more happier and healthier x
Registered: Dec 28, 2010
manchester, New Hampshire
billyjoe said on January 2, 2011
please note my new emial address change BJoeGray@aol.com
Registered: Sep 16, 2011
Stuart said on September 30, 2011
Billyjoe, I also have had serious issues with depression and anxiety. I dont know how much you have been told by doctors, but high Phe levels are absolutley connected to depression anxiety and even worse. The awesome part of it is that when your Phe level goes down these issues will likely dissapear but at worst they will get significantly better. I currently take PheBloc and Kuvan and went through a 4 week episode of almost unbearable depression and severe anxiety. It was so bad that after seeing little change after 1 week I decieded to go on a restricted Phe diet again and found that things only got worse. I know this sounds odd but this was due to the fact PheBloc is designed to only give you 20 percent of your Protien intake and you are supposed to get the other 80 percent from normal food. So in effect mal-nurishment was makeing my situation even worse. As soon as I started eating normal food again I improved and was close to back to normal within about a week and a half.
You didn’t say if you were taking of your self from a PKU stand point or not my guess is that you are not. So just start taking care of yourself and you will see a change and a big one at that.
Hope this provides some comfort I have been exactly where you are before and know how much I needed comfort.
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Enter as much of the recipe information as you can in the fields below. Click Next to move to the next tab.
* Required field
Click the link to add a photo of your recipe. No photo? No problem. Just hit Next.
Please upload an image less than 2 MB in file size and 700px x 700px in dimensions, and in one of the following supported file format extensions - .jpg, .png, .gif and .tiff.
Enter the nutritional information for your recipe below. If you don't have it, no problem. Your recipe will be reviewed by a registered dietitian who will fill in any missing information.
Enter your email address and click to submit your recipe. A registered dietitian may email you with questions.