Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Phe (mg): 42.8
Serving Size: ¼ recipe
Calories (kcal): 297
Protein (g): 1.3
Fat (g): 11.8
- 2 Cambrooke Foods Artisan Bread
- 140 gm chopped onion
- 200 gm chopped celery
- 3 tbsp butter
- 186 gm of Swanson vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tsp of poultry seasoning
- After defrosting the Cambrooke Artisan Bread overnight, slice the rolls with a bread knife into one-inch thick slices.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
- Flip slices of bread and broil for another 2 minutes.
- Remove toasted bread from the oven and place in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Meantime, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery, cook until onion is clear and celery is al dente.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once sliced bread has cooled, use hands to tear and break into small bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and toss until coated.
- Scrape the sautéed vegetable mixture onto seasoned bread and mix.
- Drizzle vegetable broth onto bread and vegetables until evenly coated; pausing the pour to toss the bread as needed.
- Transfer stuffing to a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.