Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
PKU Caesar Salad
Phe (mg): 56
Serving Size: 2 cups (recipe serves 4)
Calories (kcal): 201
Protein (g): 1.1
Fat (g): 14.6
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup low-pro croutons (made from ~2 slices CamBrooke home-style bread, cut into 1” cubes)
- ½ head romaine lettuce, torn (8 cups)
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, and Dijon; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in 3 Tbsp. olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Sauté bread and garlic in 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until bread is crisp and browned. Season bread with salt and pepper.
- Toss together romaine, dressing, and croutons.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.