Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Phe (mg): 51
Serving Size: 1 slice (6 slices per pizza)
Calories (kcal): 215.8
Protein (g): 1.2
Fat (g): 10.4
- ½ batch Taste Connections pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup simple Italian sauce
- 1 cup low-pro mozzarella
- Place a pizza stone on the lowest rack of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll dough for 1 pizza into a 12-inch circle. (I like to put the dough on a piece of parchment and then on a cutting board or pizza peel before adding sauce and toppings.)
- Brush with olive oil.
- Spread the sauce on the dough.
- Add the low-pro mozzarella.
- Slide pizza and parchment onto the hot stone and bake for 10–15 minutes. (Time will vary depending on how thin/thick your dough is and the quantity of sauce and toppings you use.)
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.