Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Simple Asian Sauce (Chunky Curry)
Serving Size: ½ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)
Calories (kcal): 87.8
Protein (g): 1.2
Fat (g): 7
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, very finely minced (you can substitute 1 tbsp lemon zest plus 1 tsp lime zest)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil, red pepper, and onion. Stir occasionally for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Continue to cook over medium high – STIRRING CONSTANTLY – until the zucchini starts to dissolve and the sauce comes to a boil.
- When the sauce comes to a boil reduce to heat to low. Cook uncovered for 8 – 10 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Notes: This is enough sauce to toss with 4 cups of cooked low-pro pasta or low-pro rice. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for two days. This sauce does NOT freeze well.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.