Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Banana Berry Smoothie
Serving Size: 1
Protein (g): 1.2
A fruity-fresh breakfast treat
- 1 medium banana
- 1-4 ounces blueberries
- 1-4 ounces raspberries or blackberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 1 cup very cold water
- Mint leaf garnish (optional)
- Put prepared fruit in plastic freezer bags and freeze until firm and frozen, at least several hours.
- Remove frozen fruit and place in blender or food processor along with sugar, creamer, and water. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with mint leaf.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.