Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Serving Size: 1 slice (6 slices per pizza)
Calories (kcal): 218.3
Protein (g): 0.6
Fat (g): 6.7
- ½ batch Taste Connections Pizza Dough (see earlier recipe)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅛ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and sliced as thin as possible.
- Place a pizza stone on the lowest rack of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Roll dough for 1 pizza into a 12-inch circle (I like to put the dough on a piece of parchment and then on a cutting board or pizza peel before adding sauce and toppings).
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle half on the buttered crust.
- Arrange the apple slices on top, and then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Slide pizza and parchment onto the hot stone and bake for 10 – 15 minutes (time will vary depending on how thin/thick your dough is and the quantity of sauce and toppings you use.)
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.