Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Phe (mg): 28
Serving Size: 1⁄10 recipe fruit salsa, ½ pita pocket (entire recipe serves 10)
Calories (kcal): 203
Protein (g): 1.1
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fruit preserves of choice
- 10 LOW PRO Pita Pockets (Cambrooke®)
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
Cambrooke is a registered trademark of Cambrooke Foods, Inc.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the apples, raspberries, strawberries, sugar, brown sugar, and fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill 15 minutes minimum.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray each side of the pita pocket and cut into wedges.
- Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper.
- Sprinkle chips with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in oven 8-10 minutes or till crisp. Repeat with remaining pita pockets. Allow to cool 15 minutes and serve with chilled fruit dip.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.