Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Garlic Roasted Baby Bella Mushrooms
Phe (mg): 124
Calories (kcal): 144.1**
Protein (g): 3.5
Fat (g): 11.8
- 1 lb pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (approx. 452 gm)
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1-2 pinches cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper, or to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the mushrooms, if necessary, and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until evenly blended.
- Toss the mushrooms in this mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Place them into a 7×11″ baking dish and make sure the mushrooms are spread out in a single layer.
- Roast the mushrooms for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
**based on 2.5 Tbsp Olive oil, 4 cloves garlic
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.