Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Light and Lively Sauce
Phe (mg): 18.5
Serving Size: ¼ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)
Calories (kcal): 186.3
Protein (g): 0.6
Fat (g): 12.8
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ cup white grape juice
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup mocha mix
- ½ cup tomato juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. When hot add oil, butter, and onion. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and add wine. Return the skillet to the stove and cook over medium high heat until almost all of the wine has evaporated. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 – 10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.