Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Mean Green Burgers
Phe (mg): 39
Serving Size: 1 burger (recipe makes 6 total)
Calories (kcal): 318.5
Protein (g): 1.3
Fat (g): 3
- 1 cup shredded broccoli
- 1 tbsp diced green chile
- ¼ cup shredded onion
- ½ cup low protein bread crumbs dried and finely ground
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Orrington Farms® Chicken Broth
- 6 low protein hamburger buns
- 1 cup wheat starch *Optional
- 3 tbsp onion powder *Optional
- 1 tbsp black pepper *Optional
Orrington Farms is a registered trademark of Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc.
- Combine all in food processor into a dough
- Add more crumbs if mixture is wet.
- Shape into patties. Lay flat on parchment paper.
- Cook over med-high heat with vegetable oil.
- For a crunchy crust, dredge in seasoned wheat starch before frying.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.