Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Oven Crisped Brussels Sprouts
Phe (mg): 58
Serving Size: ½ cup (4 servings/recipe)
Calories (kcal): 91.7
Protein (g): 2
Fat (g): 7.2
- 2 cups quartered brussels sprouts – stems removed (about 1 pound)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. If you have a convection oven use convection bake setting.
- Quarter the Brussels’ sprouts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Add Brussels’ sprouts and toss to coat.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and place into the preheated oven.
- After 4 minutes toss with tongs and return to oven for 2 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Note: This technique also works with carrots, zucchini, and other vegetables.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.