Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Serving Size: ⅙ recipe (1 tortilla)
Calories (kcal): 156.6
Protein (g): 0.1
Fat (g): 4.7
- 1 ⅔ cups Loprofin® Baking Mix
- ¾ tsp taco seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 tbsp water with 1 drop yellow food coloring
Loprofin is a registered trademark of N.V. Nutricia.
- Stir together baking mix, taco seasoning, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Dribble oil over and mix in with a fork.
- Add water, 1 tbsp at a time, continuing to mix with fork.
- Once all water is added, pick up dough with hands and knead into small ball.
- Divide into 6 pieces; shape into small gold ball size pieces.
- Place each small ball in between two sheets of wax paper and roll or press into a 5-6” circle.
- Stack each tortilla with a layer of wax paper in between them.
- Heat skillet to high (ungreased). Cook tortilla for 30 seconds, then flip and cook other side for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat. Lay on sheet tray covered with warm towel.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.