Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Savory Broccoli Casserole
Phe (mg): 185
Serving Size: 175 gm
Calories (kcal): 327
Protein (g): 6
Fat (g): 30
- 3 tbsp butter, 1 tbs. melted and set aside
- 60 gm chopped onion
- 10 oz package chopped frozen broccoli
- ½ of 10.75 oz can (152 gm.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- ½ cup (120 gm.) light mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup (40 gm.) low-protein garlic bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat
- Sauté onion until golden.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together onion, broccoli (no need to thaw), soup, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt, pepper, seasoned salt, and lemon juice.
- Once thoroughly blended, transfer mixture to 2-quart casserole dish.
- Evenly spread low-protein garlic crumbs over top and drizzle with remaining tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.