Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Simple Greek Sauce
Serving Size: ½ cup sauce (recipe makes 2 cups)
Calories (kcal): 95.3
Protein (g): 1.0
Fat (g): 8.7
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Kalamata (Greek) olives
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 cups diced fresh Tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil, olives, and oregano. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Continue to cook over medium high until the sauce comes to a boil. Stir every few minutes.
- When the sauce comes to a boil reduce to heat to low. Cook uncovered for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Notes: This is enough sauce to toss with 4 cups of cooked low-pro pasta or low-pro rice. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for two days and can also be frozen.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.