Check out the information below for a delicious meal that you can make at home.
Southwest Chipotle Scones
Phe (mg): 14.5
Serving Size: 1 scone (recipe serves 12)
Calories (kcal): 140.8
Protein (g): 0.26
- 2 cups Lo Pro baking mix
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ¼ cup Daiya cheddar
- ½ cup rice milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix together the flour/lo pro baking mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter. Stop when you have pea-sized bits.
- Add the chipotle, lime zest, and Daiya cheddar. Toss to combine.
- Add the rice milk and mix this with the dry ingredients just to incorporate.
- Knead about 10 times or less – so that you have a very messy looking dough.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Form each half into a flattened circle, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the circle into 6 wedges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 – 14 minutes.
Nutritional information, including phenylalanine (Phe) counts, are estimated using the Metabolic Pro database created and maintained by Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International (GMDI).
Always consult your dietitian before making changes to your diet.
Love this dish? Share the recipe with your community.
Join the conversation on Facebook and connect with other people and families living with PKU.
Join the PKU & ME program for support and guidance on living a healthy life with PKU.